Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014



Hola familia!
I have seen so many miracles this week-- especially with the language.  For the first time today I decided to read El Libro de Mormon for my personal study.  I have been afraid to try it, for fear that I would be too focused on understanding and not be able to receive revelation for investigators, less actives, my companion, myself, etc.  But I understood it!  And more than that... I received answers on how to help some of our investigators!  I am so grateful.  Heavenly Father has been helping me so much.  Sometimes I need more patience or guidance or hope, and I go in my room and climb up on my top bunk and kneel down and pray.  Immediately I feel that my Savior is there.  I am so grateful, and I want everyone to know that they can receive the same sentimientos.
This week was a bit rare.  We had to go to Rosario and stay in the mission home while I did trámites for my visa.  Then my companion was sick, so we were locked in apartment for a while.  And now I am in Santa Fe (got here last night) for p-day especial and a zone meeting.  I will go back to Gálvez tomorrow in the morning.  It has been raining all weekd-- it is beautiful and crazy!  The streets are flooded, our house is flooded, the church is flooded.
We are teaching a 61-year-old man named Beto, and he is just so sincere.  He has never been married and lives all alone with just his dogs.  He has had quite the past, but quit smoking and drinking a year ago. Heavenly Father has prepared his heart to receive the message!  He is so willing and ready to learn, it is a great example to me.  I am so grateful to prepare him for his baptism on September 28th!  I extended my first invitation to baptism with the answer of "yes!!"  Such pure joy-- it´s almost like you don´t even know what to say after because you are just so happy for them.  They will inherit Eternal Life!
We also had a family home evening and I can´t even describe to you the feelings I had while there.  I guess "cozy" and "warm" are the words to describe.  Really, the spirit was just so strong.  I felt like I was at a family reunion or something... I love the people so much and care about them so much.  We all laughed and cooked and joked and lifted each other up.  I taught a lesson on keeping the ten commandmentsd: because I want nothing more than for them to repent and receive the peace and joy of being clean and dwelling in the presence of God.
So I was left with a lot of time to think this week as I studied in the pension while my companion was sick.  And something I thought is this:  I don´t know the life of Brother Philip Paul Bliss, who wrote "More Holiness Give Me," but he was so inspired.  That perfectly sums up the mission.  Not just this mission, but the mission of life.
  1. More holiness give me,
    More strivings within,
    More patience in suff'ring,
    More sorrow for sin,
    More faith in my Savior,
    More sense of his care,
    More joy in his service,
    More purpose in prayer.
  2. More gratitude give me,
    More trust in the Lord,
    More pride in his glory,
    More hope in his word,
    More tears for his sorrows,
    More pain at his grief,
    More meekness in trial,
    More praise for relief.
  3. More purity give me,
    More strength to o'ercome,
    More freedom from earth-stains,
    More longing for home.
    More fit for the kingdom,
    More used would I be,
    More blessed and holy--
    More, Savior, like thee.
This is my prayer for all of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment