Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 23, 2015

Hi family!
Okay so all of our computer time was just cut half an hour... so I have to email MUY RAPIDO!  This is not to say that I want you to stop emailing me... by all means I NEED EMAILS hahah but it just is so you know that my responses will be shorter or super badly written.
I had an amazing week this last week.  It was stressful but great (the most rewarding kind).  We are still getting to know all of our area and our members... and they are great!  Seriously so amazing.  There is one family in particular that I would like to write about.  La Familia Olmos.
Hermano Olmos is probably the most humble man I have ever met in my entire life.  I wish I had a picture to send you.  But they have 6 children, and one of them passed away when she was 2 years old.  She was crawling on the ground and was stung by a scorpion-like thing that lives here, and she went into a coma, and died three days later.  At this time, they were not active in the church.  After the death of their little girl, they almost were divorced and lost everything in their family.  
But, after six years of not going to church, they returned.  They picked up their scriptures and started reading them, and they prayed as a family, and they returned to the temple.  And now, was the first counselor in the bishopric but was just called to be a High Counselor.  They are some of the greatest people I have ever met, so humble and sweet and always willing to help us with whatever we need.  INCLUDING coming to lessons with us.
Okay, I also had the opportunity to go to the baptism of Fede and Lucas Palladino.  Ayyy it was AMAZING.  I called the assistents to Presidente Zanni and got permission since it is only 45 minutes away by bus.  Going back to Capitan Bermudez was so cool... seeing everyone in church.  I swear that is a little piece of what the Celestial Kingdom will look like.  Just a huge reunion with people we love a lot a lot a lot a lot.  We couldn`t stop laughing.  
The cutest thing happened.  When Fede (he is eleven years old) came out of the water, he did this little giggle-laugh and gave his dad a huge hug.  It was so sweet!  They were just beaming and so happy... the entire family.  They are going back to the temple.
When the time came to leave, it wasn`t sad.  Because I know I´ll see them all again.
Love you all so much!  Pray for our area, that we can find people to teach and know how to help them.
Love, Hermana Eleanor Briggs







No comments:

Post a Comment