Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19, 2015

Hola Familia!!

No tengo mucho tiempo!

Pero bueno... this last week was a good one. We worked really hard all week to plan a "Choca de Fuerza" which is when missionaries from other areas come to your area and you go and visit everyone to help the less active members and investigators all come to church on Sunday.  So we planned and planned and planned and visited and planned and called and planned all week for this!  And as we did, we got to know a lot of less active members and also found some great new investigators.  One of them is named Gustavo.  We found him one day as gave up trying to find a house that doesn`t exhist.  We took a wrong turn and the moment I realized it, I felt that we were there for a reason.  We continued walking on this dirt road, with green palm trees along the side and a few horses and a lot of dogs!  And as we did, we passed by a man and his family.  They were all sitting down drinking mate.  I wasn`t going to say anything, but I immediately felt that we needed to talk to them.  I ignored the prompting for the second time... and BAM.  It was like I literally ran smack dab into a wall.  TURN AROUND AND TALK TO HIM it told me.  I said, literally almost out of breath, "Hermana, lets go talk to this guy," and I turned around so fast I probably freaked him out as we ran over to him.  

But he is so great!!  He has been praying to know why there are so many churches and how to know which is true.  He has had a hard life and has six little kids that are SO CUTE.  When we finished getting to know him and we shook his hand and looked into his eyes, they were like the eyes of a little child.  He just looked so eager to learn and grateful that we were there.

Mica and Ivan and doing great!! Last time we met with them, Ivan´s biggest concern was what baptismal clothes he was going to wear.  "I am not just going to put on someone else´s white clothes!" he told us.  Hahah it was so funny.  But they are planning on getting married and not telling anyone, and then being baptized.  They are so excited to go the temple next year!! Every time we go to their house they have quesitons about the temple.  I am so excited for them and I know they can make it!! They have changed my life so much.  To see someone leave so many things behind and come from such difficult and different circumstances... wow it is amazing to see and I am Eternally grateful.

I am so grateful for my Savior and that through Him all things are possible.  All things that appear unjust will be made right through His Atonement for all mankind. And there are a lot of things that appear unjust in the world.

Love you all so much!  Keep the gratitude and be obedient.  We have rules to protect us and bring us Eternal Joy.   Not this fleeting earthly stuff.

Love, Hermana Eleanor Briggs

So that is how we met Gustavo.

No comments:

Post a Comment