Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 8, 2014 - MTC Week 5

A moment of chillin' in the MTC.


Us with one of the best maestros ever, Hermana Child!  She served in Chile.

Happy 4th of July!

July 4th!


Well it's official... In a week I will be in Argentina!  Probably on a bus on my way to Rosario.  I don't really know how to describe what I feel.  Kind of like I did before I left for the MTC... only this time I know that I can do it.  Because I've done it before!

To be honest I don't know what to say about this week.  Not that it hasn't been filled with miracles and blessings everyday, but sometimes things are so sacred that it's hard to share with others when you're not face to face.  It's difficult to capture the beauty and significance of it.

On the 4th of July we were able to go to a devotional.  And then we watched 17 Miracles and the fireworks at the Stadium of Fire.  Just barely missed Carrie Underwood!  A lot happened that day that helped me to learn more of my purpose and grow closer to my Savior.  But like I said, it's difficult to just type out.

I love being Sister Training Leader.  The new Hermanas are so awesome, and it is amazing to see the growth that they have made-- both physically and spiritually-- in less than a week!  When I interview them, I feel so much love for them.  I am so grateful for the example that they are to me, and my opportunity to serve them.

I have been learning about how to teach others.  Basically it all comes down to one thing: we love them and so does God.  When others see how much we love and care about them, they feel our testimony and know it's true.  There is this one Elder, Elder Soto, and he just left for Ecuador.  I can't even describe him to you.  He truly had the Countenance of Christ.  Everyone was drawn to him.  He loved so deeply, and showed it through everything he did.  He is such a great example to me, just because of who he is.  Not what he says or does, but who he is.  That can only come from constant faith.  Being virtuous and serving others.  That is when your heart changes, and being a disciple is not only a commandment.  It is something that we want to follow and do.

I am so sorry if this seems uninteresting or boring.  Guarantee that next week I will have a lot of crazy stories!  

Here is a quote from Hermana Cannon that I just love.  "I have the gift of the Holy Spirit.  It's truth, isn't it?"  We do have the gift of the Holy Spirit.  How often do you utilize that gift?  How often do you call upon it's power and let it be your guide?  I don't do it near enough.  That is a large part of what sets apart a true disciple and a member.  Wow I learn a lot from Hermana Cannon.  It will be so sad to say "Hasta Luego" to people.  But hey, that means "Until Later."  And it's the truth... I will see these people again. 

Much love, Hermana Eleanor Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment