Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014 - MTC Week 6 - Last email in the U.S.

Olympus High School at the MTC
Shout out to Keri Bengtzen---thank you so much for the bread!  We needed it, as you can tell.  It honestly made my day.
Last picture with my zone!  Love them all so much.  So many laughs and cries.
Last picture with Hermana Mechum.  Such an inspired mentor.
Ellie Degurda.  We played soccer together muchos anos ago!  She is incredible.  We have become such good friends and support for one another. She's going to Croatia.
I love this picture.
My first companion: Hermana Robinson.



These hermanas are going to Toronto.  So awesome.


Familia,

Okay this is actually the official last time.  I have met so many amazing people here, I can't imagine never having known them.  And that is my hope that ahead lies a better future with more people to love!  And even though an enormous task lies before me, I feel hope.  Because I know I can't do it alone.  That's just a fact!  But with God I can.  Through the grace of the atonement, I can.  Through the guidance of the Holy Ghost, I can.  

The other day someone said that people over-complicate a mission.  It is just making friends and loving people, and then sharing with them what matters most to you.  I am so grateful for this opportunity I have, and for the eternities that I can share with people.

I don't know what else to say.  But an Elder told me in his departing words to STAND ON THE WALL.  And that's what we all must do.  Stand on the wall-- together.  The world may mock us and arrows rain down upon our heads.  And it will be hot and slippery and your voice will be cracking and hoarse.  But don't lose hope!  Because the wall is our rock.  And we are here to deliver a message to those who have no idea that life can be joyous.  And the life to come can be as well.  Love you all so much!  Les Quiero!  (Moroni 8:3)

Mucho Amor,

Hermana Eleanor Briggs 

No comments:

Post a Comment