Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 30, 2015

Querida Familia Mia,

I am so sorry that last week I wasn`t able to fully send you all an email... my time went by so fast I have no idea what even happened hahah.  But we had a crazy and good week.  I didn`t write about how I was changed areas... but yes!  I got her last Monday.  As always, it was hard to leave, but I am so excited to get writing all of the people that touched my heart in Alberdi.

Okay, so a little bit about the new area.  I technically came back to Parana, but it is a different part.  We currently have two areas right now, named Gazzano and 5 Esquinas B.  Our area is GIGANTIC but it is so fun and great.  There are so many people to meet.  We are in the city, but not downtown.  More on the outskirts.  We live in a little apartment above a little grandma named Delfina. She is so sweet, and every time we leave she says, "Are you going out to walk a little bit?" (van a caminar un poco?) We have a shower that you plug in for 10 minutes in order to get hot water hahah.  

But we are currently teaching a girl named Merlina.  She is 10-years-old and so sweet-- her and her dad stopped us on the street and wanted us to go over and teach them.  So we went over, and found out that Merlina is living in horrible circumstances.  Her mom passed away when she was a baby, and the people that should be taking care of her and doing the opposite.  She is so sweet and earnest to learn.  We may not be able to continue teaching her, but we are going to do all we can to help.  Last night as I prayed, I felt the thought come into my mind that we could make a special Book of Mormon for her.  We took pictures of Christ and glued them in.  Then we marked in pretty colors some of our favorite scriptures and wrote alongside them. And then we wrote our testimonies and a little note to her.  We want to give her the desire to read and keep herself firm in the church and give her a light in her world of darkness.  Honestly... she lives in complete darkness.  
I know that if she does not get baptized now and with us, that in some other point in her life she will go back to that special book that made her feel loved.  
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment